On 1st September 2018, Westco Flow Control Ltd changed its name to COMAP UK Ltd. This change brought Westco firmly back into the COMAP family, after initially being purchased by the French Industrial Group 18 years ago.
But who is COMAP? And how will this positive development benefit our customers?
Check out these interesting facts about COMAP to find out more…
- French international group COMAP has over 60 years of experience and expertise and is renowned in the heating, domestic water, air conditioning, and plumbing sectors
- In 2016, Westco was acquired from Aalberts Industries Group (AI) NV, of which the COMAP Group is also a part
- COMAP is the ‘Thermal and Sanitary Efficiency’ business of Aalberts group, which recorded a turnover of € 2.694 bn in 2017
- The COMAP Group has a sales network operating in over 20 countries
- COMAP boasts almost 1000 employees and five production sites (each focused on a particular technology)
- COMAP is committed to reducing overall energy consumption in buildings while optimising comfort and safety
- COMAP is one of the few groups in its sector to design and manufacture its own products. This unique positioning makes our industrial know-how a major asset and a guarantee of reliability
- COMAP products and services deliver value at all stages through the life of a building; including design, installation, operation, repair and maintenance
- COMAP produces some of our best selling products ever – such as the popular Westherm 5 and our exciting new range of COMAP taps!
- COMAP will also bring a new thermal and sanitary efficiency offer to the UK market from 2019. This will benefit all stakeholders involved with heating and cooling systems and sanitary installations.
By changing our name and closer aligning ourselves with the COMAP brand, we are confident that we can capitalise on this global authority to better provide the UK’s plumbing and heating professionals with the products they need to service every job.